How to Improve English Speaking
A. Custom-Designed Course
- Comprehensive pre-testing & written report of spoken English issues
- A planning meeting with you and employer (if applicable) to determine your needs
- Creation of a custom-designed course that addresses your specific needs
- 12 60 minute online sessions with English Coach Nicole (via Zoom or Skype)
- Homework review & feedback, creation of custom audio/video recordings for practice of personal words & sentences
- Unlimited answering of your questions via email
- Practice materials specific to your needs (such as practice apps, web-based programs, books with CD’s, ebooks with audio files/mp3’s). These could include accent modification, grammar, vocabulary development and more based on your needs.
- Follow up testing to measure your progress & determine areas for continued practice with written report
In order to experience significant improvement in your spoken English, you will need to practice regularly. If you commit to practicing 30-60 minutes per day during your course, you can expect a 50% or greater improvement if you started with a moderate to heavy accent.
*Some employers have professional development funds that pay for the cost of your training. I’d be happy to submit a proposal to your employer for you.
B. Other coaching (online via Zoom or Skype)
Service Options Include:
- Presentation preparation
- Interview preparation
- TOEFL or IELTS speaking test preparation
- A la carte sessions for very advanced speakers that only have a few issues to perfect their spoken English
Please contact Nicole for a quote for these services.
C. Accent testing
Discover your personal English pronunciation issues in this live accent assessment with Nicole. After your testing, receive a written report of your issues, so that you can create a plan for improvement which address your personal English speech and goals.
See the materials & assessments section of the “Shop Courses” page for more information.